Monday, February 8, 2010

OSLO

I had never heard of " OSLO" until we were asked to write a blog about it. Nothing is better than going to the direct source I guess! Here is what the Microsoft.com site describes it as:
"Oslo" is the code name for Microsoft’s next generation modeling platform. It consists of a modeling language, codename "M", a modeling tool, codename "Quadrant", a repository and a set of models that target specific domains.

Based on my findings, Here are a few good things Oslo offers:

Creates applications directly from models
Makes development alot easier (BPMN & UML)
Easier human interaction with data
Fills in the gap between Business Analysts and IT

What is the"M" Language:

*Language for working with data and building domain models.
Consists of:
*MGraph defines values
*MSchema defines constraints over data.

*Per the MSDN website: “M” is designed to allow users to write down what they want from their data without having to specify how those requirements are met by a specific technology or platform.

Overall I think this is a great tool. It defintely gives more power to the end user and kind of even eliminates the need for developers. With Microsoft having their label behind it, I am sure it will be a success. We will wait and see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment