Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WIKIPEDIA EDITING?


It was very simple to edit and add information in wikipidia. I was eating some candy-Red Hots as I was doing the assignment and decided to see if there is any information available on the ingredients for this candy. So i looked it up and nothing was there and i added the following information that was writtin on the candy box:
Ingredients in Red Hots Include: Sucrose, Corn Syrup,Modified Food Starch,Artificial flavor, Gum, Acacia, Confectioners Glaze,Carnauba wax and Red #40.
Red Hots are manufactured by Ferrara Pan Candy Co. Forest Park IL 60130 USA
**********************************************
here is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrara_Pan_Candy_Company#Red_Hots
I also noticed that i had updated the information in the wrong category, so all i had to do was to go to edit this page tab, and then i was able to correct it there.
Also there is a history tab on the top as well, if you click there you will be able to see all the changes made to the article in addition to ip address information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ferrara_Pan_Candy_Company&action=history

1 comment:

  1. Interesting Wikipedia entry. I'll be eating Red Hots armed with more info!

    ReplyDelete